View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #8
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've just tried with the CyBook Gen3. It can display OK, but actually reading it is tricky. If you view at 100% to make it easy to read in terms of type size, it requires scrolling twice to read one line of text - very slow and cumbersome. When the text goes into two columns it's not a lot better, until you go to 80% view, when one column fits the screen width. But then the text is small and a bit broken up (e.g. missing bottom of lower case o).

You can view a whole page, but that's completely illegible.

I've attached some screen shots. The diagrams tend to come out best, because they have bigger text, sometimes legible in full screen.

So it's technically possible, but I think the small screen makes it impractical.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
How does your reader cope with this fairly complex file? (Link) Or maybe this one? (Link) Tiny writing is fine provided the font is crisp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	page2at100.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	16863   Click image for larger version

Name:	page2at80.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	16864   Click image for larger version

Name:	closeup80.jpg
Views:	330