Thread: MobileRead November Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #8
Hamlet53
Babi Yar
Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hamlet53 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Wow, The Count of Monte Cristo really made a surge. I'm a bit surprised so many people want to dive into a 1000+ pages as a book club read. Then again, we are talking about The Count of Monte Cristo. Some things exist to be an exception.

This one's on my "must read before I die" list, but I doubt I'd get around to it for this book club read.
It is a quick read for its length. I enjoyed a lot more the first time I read it back in high school than I did for a recent reread. It's an enjoyable tale, but I don't see much meat on the bones for discussion. That's just my opinion though.
Hamlet53 is offline   Reply With Quote