View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #13
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR Glowlight, Sony T1, Acer Iconia A200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
After a cursory look at the site, I can't tell if they are bringing the characters into a modern setting or they're simply rewriting the book in contemporary language. The second option seems pointless. The first could be fun, like Amy Heckerling's reworking of Emma in Clueless.
I read the excerpt of Trollope's Sense & Sensibility, and it takes place in a modern setting. It's been too long since I attempted to read the original for me to provide any sort of comparison, but I rather enjoyed the excerpt. (I was never able to enjoy Austen.) I would have pre-ordered it but decided to wait, as I've pretty much shot my entertainment budget for the rest of the year already.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote