View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #665
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I knew that. But, I lost it while I was testing during the post.

I just a had a look at adding the sort to the config file and hot a little problem with how the data is stored. I can't duplicate the encoding used if there are non-ascii characters in the shelf name.

I'm curious about what you did. From memory, there isn't much in the config file that affects the home screen. The displayed tiles come from the database.
I don't think anything I did directly affected the home screen. I would change some sort by things and when going to a collection it would have [SORT] where it previously had sorted by title or some such. Selecting this I could pick whatever sort I wanted, and it only happened once per change.

And why the tiles would be affected is beyond me. Some were resized, some disappeared, and some that were always in the same place before seemed to move around randomly. The library tile was very weeny once, and shifts position a lot. It used to stay pretty much the same before that.

I know I can just do a factory reset and update the firmware, and I am trying to work up enough interest The balconies are being repaired in my condo so I have a living room full of glass and the delightful sounds of hammering and drilling going on at the moment.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote