View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Turned down to zero and did not see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have it on mine! Check out my thread for pics. Those who say they don't have it probably have the brightness way up it's more noticeable when the brightness is turned down. I didn't even see any till I adjusted the brightness farther down to read on. It's more noticeable on a white or sepia background.

I am sure it varies though on how much bleed happens with the blue haze on each unit.
I turned my brightness down to zero and did not see it. I usually heave my HDX brightness at 50% and still did not see it.

I'd say you should return your unit for a new one. Defects at the beginning could only get worse as time goes on.

Its possible that this is like the pin holes where those with good glasses can easily see them but those without glasses cannot see them. I have never worn glasses and pass my eye tests with 20/20 in both eyes but cannot see smaller things like those with 5/5 (only possible with well fitted glasses) can see. I do have a large cataract which I see through (some folks have vision blocked by cataracts) and also have age appropriate macular degeneration which has not yet altered my 20/20 vision but could prevent me from ever seeing at 5/5 vision.

I can read down to 6 point type sizes but still prefer 12 point sizes for comfort. Some folks with good fitting glasses prefer to read at 4 point sizes which would cause difficulty for me.

In any event everyone should get a unit most comfortable for themselves. You should definitely exchange your unit.

Last edited by sirmaru; 10-21-2013 at 09:32 AM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote