View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #7
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9, Fire 7HD, Surface 2
In addition to all the (basically lazy) reasons to buy Baen eBooks from Amazon, there is actually one very good reason to do so -- WhisperSync for Voice, and the deals that come with it. For many Baen books, this means the Audible book is very cheap - ~$2.99 or less. But more importantly, the eBook and Audio Book work together, allowing you to go back and forth without losing your place. Or, if you have a Kindle Fire, you can do "total immersion" reading, with the audio book being read out loud as you read the eBook.

That being said, I still prefer to get my Baen books from Baen, in the hope and expectation that the authors actually get more of the proceeds, though I don't actually know that for fact. But I have resorted to buying a few from Amazon to enable a really good deal on the Audible book.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote