View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #71
Psymon
Chief Bohemian Misfit
Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psymon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, ADE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Hitch is the best on on MR (IMHO) to ask about iBooks as she does have to deal with it.
I was thinking about this issue afterwards, and I'm a bit confused. Obviously a person can design an epub so that it will work in iBooks, but if a person has an iPad and sees an epub they want, and it says it's "for iBooks", won't they just naturally assume that it'll work in any other iPad ereader that they might choose?

And by the same token, what do you say with regard to the non-iBook version -- that "this ebook is for anything/everything except iBooks"?

I guess that's why I'm thinking, again, that surely a kludgy workaround would be better, to create a single epub that would work in any reader?

Quote:
One thing I suggest is finding a copy of Reader Library (Sony) as it displays ePub as it would look on a 6" screen. If you cannot find it, let me know and I'll post it someplace for you to download.
I presume you mean this?...

https://ebookstore.sony.com/download/

If so, I haven't downloaded it yet, but did you mean to get the PC version or the iPad version? I can get both, of course, but I don't know if you were referring specifically with one or the other in your recommending it.

Quote:
I'll have a look and see if I can find the code used for displaying an image full screen without SVG.
Thanks! I'm still interested, naturally, even though I do have to wonder about that kludgy workaround still.
Psymon is offline   Reply With Quote