View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #60
Difflugia
Guru
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK HD running CM10.1
The 2013 edition of the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures has been made available at jw.org. It's only in PDF right now, but I expect an epub soon.

So far, I've only flipped through the first few pages of Genesis. It's more than merely a cosmetic update, but I'll have to spend some quality time with it later to see just how much more. For one thing, it now includes translation notes, but the ones I spot-checked weren't as interesting or insightful as I'd hoped. John 1:1 reads, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god." The footnote gives the alternate reading of "was divine," presumably intending to ignore the fact that nearly every other translator elected to use "was God." I did notice, though, that the footnotes in Ruth 1 include the derivations of the names Mahlon and Chilion (sickness and wasting or failing respectively), which many translations ignore.

Enjoy!
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote