View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #7
Raj333
Raj333 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Raj333 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Raj333 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Raj333 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Raj333 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Raj333 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Raj333 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Raj333 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Raj333 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Raj333 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Raj333 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PaperWhite WiFi
Hello NiLuJe
I tried out today your advice.
copied the update_linkss_0.14.N_install.bin file to root dir of the kindle
and gave "update kindle software" from kindle settings page.
it said "updating" and came back after some time.
I put in a file "last" in the linkss folder and read a book on the kindle.
when i switched it off, and later on, it still shows amazon screensavers in rotation each time i make it on/off. no change in behaviour.
-----
i then repeated the python install, just to be sure copying update_python_0.7.N_install.bin to kindle root directory. again went thru kindle update software process.
-----
checked if screensavers appear. no luck.
repeated with update_linkss... one more time. no improvement.
-----
Im puzzled about one thing (i read the jailbreak.sh script to try to understand where it creates the certificates directory . it shows in line 267 - "cp -f "${TMP_DIR}/developer.keystore" "/var/local/java/keystore/developer.keystore" || fail "Unable to copy Kindlet certificates" "

i assume this means the dir "/var/local/java/keystore should be created or some error should get recorded in the log file.
but in my case such dir did not get created, and the logfile says -
installing updater certificates
OK
installing kindlet certificates
OK
Installing jailbreak bridge
OK
installing rescue pack (main)
OK
installing rescue pack (diags)
etc etc
JAILBREAK succeeded.
=============
now i will check up with the kindle list maintained to see if my device is listed there......

Raj
Raj333 is offline   Reply With Quote