View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #17894
alansplace
Wizard
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle KB, Kindle PW 1 & 2, Kindle Fire 2, iPad Mini
Cool The Man Who Could Work Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Death At Victoria Dock was, as is always the case with a Phryne Fisher mystery, a great read!

My #2 son (to quote the Hollywood Charlie Chan) gave me a Kindle book for my birthday last month. It was Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson. So I'm giving it a try next.
For his birthday, a couple of days ago, I gave the very same son mentioned above a dvd movie called Things to Come! It was on his Amazon wish list and also happened to be one of my favorite Saturday afternoon movies on TV when I was a kid (in the 50's). It reminded me of one of my other favorite Saturday afternoon movies called The Man Who Could Work Miracles! Lo and behold I found it on Youtube and it was even a watchable copy! I also found a copy of the ebook (a short story also by H. G. Wells) available from, The University of Adelaide Library. So, I took a break from my reading of Mistborn: The Final Empire and read the short story then watched the movie. It was a real blast from the past and well worth the short time it took to do both.!

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote