Originally Posted by vivaldirules
Nick, I thought I would tell you that I tried BD one more time. After 2 hours, BD puked and reported that it couldn't convert the file. Sorry. I have no ideas except perhaps to look for another public domain dictionary that's smaller.
As if I needed another reason NOT to use BD...
I used Mobipocket Creator to produce a 29MB .prc using standard compression and it looked good. I replaced my footer TOC with a simple inline TOC as the first page. I then tried high compression but it was taking too long (almost two hours). I aborted it since it took over my machine and I need to use my computer. I'll try again with a better TOC structure.
Alas, I don't have any hardware device to test it.
I haven't tried calibre yet; but will do so when I'm done with the new TOC.
Oh, btw, I've used this dictionary (about 25MB) on my REB1200 reader and EBW1150 reader without problems. And they say my hardware is obsolete... : pfff :