View Single Post
Old 03-18-2006, 06:18 AM   #27
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
There is one thing I do not understand:

iRex gives the run-time at approx. 21 hours reading, but apparently the device is capable of more...at least if you can trust the results Nick got.

They apparently also told him, that you would only need to recharge it every couple of weeks, something that would match the Specs given on the chinese site...but then why do they give different specs? Is the Touchscreen a major battery drain? The Chinese iRex appears not to have a touchscreen...

And one other thing: If the devices are in production as Nick was told, then why did they give him a sample that still has not got all features. A production model usually goes through some internal testing before going to the factories...I'm not trying to "talk down" the Iliad, but somehow there are a few oddities that I just can't understand.

And unfortunately I still have received no reply from iRex by email even though I emailed them about 2 weeks ago...if they talk only to business people they should say so on their website...which they don't actually...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote