View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #54
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Try some photos with the light set to your normal reading intensity level when in a dark room. Any Kindle with bright light looks good, but we need to see a realistic reading light level, not one that could light up the whole room.
Jack, here you go. This is at setting 11, out of a possible 24. To my eyes, it's fantastic.

"
I'll resist the urge to insert my liberal democratic views, other than to say that this book, "Collision 2012" by Dan Balz of the Washington Post, is a great read, and I'm really gratified that the new paperwhite is as good as it is.

The new footnote feature is likely going to mean a re-read of Infinite Jest, by David Foster Wallace. It has hundreds of footnotes, essential and hilarious, and it will be a lot easier to read than navigating and often getting lost in the old kindle!

Last edited by Wildgift; 09-30-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote