View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #48
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildgift View Post
Ok, home from work Here are a couple pictures of the new Paperwhite in a totally dark room, with the light turned to maximum eye-searing level.

To my eyes, it looks perfect. Just what we had all hoped version one would be. Also, I got a chance to check out the feature that lets you jump around in the book without losing your place. It works wonderfully.

To those who think that this is a merely incremental upgrade, I would suggest that the pictures speak for themselves. And, the speed difference is really apparent. This is a home run, and I was "meh" with the first one, after getting a decent, but not excellent, specimen after a return.

Not sure if the new software features will carry over to old paperwhites, but I say that this is well worth an upgrade to anyone who cares about a great user experience. This is a fantastic upgrade, and I'm sure you guys will agree.
Try some photos with the light set to your normal reading intensity level when in a dark room. Any Kindle with bright light looks good, but we need to see a realistic reading light level, not one that could light up the whole room.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-30-2013 at 09:53 PM.