View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #219
Katsunami
Wizard
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
It depends. If support for navigating a lot of books lead to more expensive devices, or to less frequent firmware updates, or some other disadvantage then of course that is an objection for people that do not need to be able to handle thousands of books on the device.
I've changed my mind about having only a handful of books on the device, since I've discovered the Calibre catalog. I never paid it much attention before, but it has a very nice layout.

You can browse the catalog by author, series, title, etcetera; enough to choose a book at least. After I've decided, I punch the last name of the author and a keyword of the title into the Kindle's search, and the book pops up.

I don't need any navigation on the Kindle itself anymore.

Since a few days I have all of my unread books on the Kindle, together with the catalog.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote