View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 07:58 PM   #56
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Diesel is selling Flashforward, by Robert J. Sawyer for $0.97.

Does anything seem strange about this book? The format is DRM epub, but the publisher is given as Macmillan, and I thought Macmillan was DRM-free? Perhaps it is an old edition? They are selling another edition, also by Macmillan, this one DRM-free, for $7.99.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
The odd thing is... the ISBN is identical on both... Snap up the $0.79 one before they notice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I know I would if I hadn't already bought it back when we read it for the MR book club. Great deal though...
Incidentally, the $0.79 one is indeed TOR, but it is also DRM'd. Perhaps you're right about it being older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Diesel has Glen Cook's Chronicles of the Black Company for $0.97.

This is the omnibus edition, the first three books in the Black Company series.
Like I really need more to read. I grabbed both of these.