Thread: Sad Sigil news?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #16
varlog
actually it is /var/log
varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.varlog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs t1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
... Being written in C, from what I can tell, makes it more work than calibre, which is written in python. This may have limited the number of helpers.
Actually it's C++, an OO language, same as python. Anybody who is good in python should, after some(!) time, cope with C++.
The real problem is that Sigil, being as complex as it is now, needs professional programmer or exceptionally talented amateur with exceptionally deep knowledge in html/css/windows/mac/linux/media/codecs etc. And a lot of free time.
Small chance.
On the bright side:
...hmm... for me, at the moment, Sigil is good enough... (I thought I'll have more to say).
varlog is offline   Reply With Quote