View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #47
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
By the way: I often see that people regard it as a problem that they cannot read during take-off and landing. I've never flown, so I have no idea: how long does this take? People make it sound as if take-off and landing takes hours on end. I'd be surprised if either takes more than 15 minutes... At 20+, it would start to get annoying if you want to get reading.
It's a major annoyance! Usually we're talking about something between 20 to 45 minutes... depending on flight traffic. Bad weather and/or busy airports can have a major impact on takeoff/landing times. The worst is if you are still on the ground knowing that it'll take another 30 minutes before it's your turn to take off, yet, because the takeoff sequences has already started, you're no longer allowed to use your e-reader.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote