View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #20
Xen
Enthusiast
Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.Xen is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A device like this is a pretty good alternative:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-Bat.../dp/B00BWS1E2M

It will provide about 2 full charges for my Kindle from a set of 4 AA batteries.
Yeah, but that's not the issue. I don't think that will help when the internal battery gives up the ghost and needs to be replaced - I don't think any of the e-readers bypass the internal batter when it's plugged in, the power still comes through the battery. I could be wrong, but that seems to be the way they work, otherwise people could just keep them plugged in when the battery won't take a charge any more.

If I'm wrong about that, let me know which models of e-reader would still be able to run off an external pack or power even when the internal battery is futzed, though the ideal, AFIAC, is still to be able to replace the battery.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote