View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #1056
Sideromelane
FYIAD
Sideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud ofSideromelane has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
So I understand you correctly:

You want A) KUAL to launch "At boot", then B) to relaunch when you... The next part I am shaky on. Exit the book manager?

You mean like shutdown? or something?

Do you mean relaunch when you stop reading a book?
Sounds like A) is feasible. That would just be a little script.

I'm not sure on the details of B) so can't say for sure. but most things are possible.

As to that be the goal of the project, not really as we use the Amazon kindlet structure as a framework to run from.

However if you outline more clearly what B) might be I could have a peek at it for you.
Did you check out... http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=15 perhaps just making it a "one button" firing process would meet your needs.
Yeah. See, the KUAL launcher would make a decent 'desktop' application. Like, with a phone, you don't close the dialer and return to your contacts list, then choose a modified contact in order to get into all the OTHER stuff the phone does, you return to a desktop interface to choose what you want to do - thats what I would like to see KUAL doing, acting as a desktop interface from which you launch applications and the book viewer etc.
Sideromelane is offline   Reply With Quote