View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by susaz View Post
Hi everyone! Long time no see! I've been enjoying my Nook Glow greatly but it's dying on me. I don't want to buy a new one but I'm looking forward to a Kindle Paperwhite. Besides converting properly formatted ebooks to mobi (calibre is a great thing! but I wonder if all epub formats will display correctly) I think I won't be able to transfer protected ePubs I bought legally. So I'm still thinking about it. Do I do it or try to get an ePub compatible device? Any tricks for high amount of content (I have over 1100 books now, about 2GB). Thanks!
There will probably be a new Nook before too long, and there have been a lot of deals on the older models of late (e.g. used Nook Simple Touch is $50 on eBay). That's going to be your simplest option. Otherwise you will need to deal with the DRM and conversion issues, which is inconvenient at best.

At least to this point (unless it has changed with their new devices), Kobo and Sony have not seen fit to support B&N DRM (even though they are licensed to do so and it is near trivial to do so). I thought perhaps Pocketbook supported it but could not find any evidence that they do. It baffles me why they would not, particularly given B&N's current difficulties. My Entourage eDGE Jr (a three year old device) does support B&N DRM.

There are a number of options if you want to read your B&N ebooks on a tablet using third party apps.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote