View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 01:14 PM   #121
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobLenx View Post
Public domain books boring?

Twain? Wilde? Wilke Collins? Stoker? Shelley? Tolstoy Dostoevsky? Wells? Burroughs? Dickens? Hardy? Verne? Wolfe? Cooper? Hawthorne? Doyle? Fitzgerald? Dumas? Lawrence? London? Hilton? Orwell? Poe? Sinclair? Melville? Stevenson?
In bold writers I have read when I was young, age 14-20.
Loved them.
Except Tolstoy and Dostoevsky. Such boring rubbish. No comments.
Verne was one of my favourites, I read 14 books.
Dumas, a lot. At le4ast 20 books.
Cooper, WOW.
Doyle, WOW.
London!

Stevenson, Burroughs, Stoker, Wells. Wonderful writers.

Many others such as Walter Scott!!!, Theodore Dreiser!!!, George Sand!, Victor Hugo!...

All in the past - adventure, mystery, historical romance - all in the past.

So, yes, whatever is in PD is boring for me. I love to read modern fantasy.
Fantasy I love to read.

How else can I say it?

I am not interested in forementioned writers and genres today.

I probably will never understand some people who just cannot accept that there are people with different tastes. It sits perfectly fine with me that there are people who like genres and writers that can be found in PD and there are people who likes different genres and writers who are not in PD. I respect both groups. I understand that there are people who don't like fantasy or sci-fi or whatever else.

See my point? Your whole post is just what you like. Not what everyone else in the world like to read. Whatever some geeks think is classic is rubbish for some and vice versa.

Do you understand that simple logic?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote