Here's version 0.4
People who are upgrading from 0.1a should read the upgrade instructions for the 0.2 version in one of my previous posts. You can upgrade from 0.1a to 0.4 directly using these instructions.
Anybody who's upgrading from 0.2 or later can simply run the installer.
The new features of 0.4 are:
- Reduced memory usage. The rebooting issue is still not fixed, but it should happen less often.
- The panning position is saved between page flips
- The panning position and zoom are savend when closing a document (and restored upon opening the document again)
Stuff that still has to be done:
- Reduce the amount of memory used to avoid the rebooting issue
- Reduce the number of screen updates during panning
- Fix the busy led (sometimes it doesn't blink while the viewer is actually busy)
- General cleanup of the code
About the rebooting/memory usage: I'm not sure how much more I can reduce the memory usage. The code is complicated and not very well documented. I managed to turn the caching of pages of, and ripped out the code that caches the entire djvu file in memory. However, a lot of memory is being used by undocumented data structures and it's not clear to me at which point they could be removed from memory.
I'm hesitating between working on the javadjvu viewer or looking for a djvulibre based solution.
BTW the reduced caching slows the viewer down a bit. But I thought it would be better to get the memory usage down first and avoid the rebooting before looking at performance.