View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 07:06 AM   #90
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mivo View Post
What if it's true? It doesn't seem far-fetched to me. Though, actually, I saw some studies that indicate that people who pirate media also buy more media than the average person, which also makes sense to me. My guess is that the vast majority of "pirates" buy the type of media they also "pirate". Those who genuinely never buy anything are probably an extreme minority. I don' feel they matter from an economical point of view.
I'm sure it is true for some people, just as I'm sure that that most people who park illegally and get a parking ticket sometimes (perhaps even often) do indeed park legally, but if you're given a parking ticket, is it a valid excuse to say "but I sometimes park my car legally"?

The fact that a person buys content legally does not make it acceptable for that same person to also pirate content, any more than parking your car legally makes it acceptable to also park it illegally. You get punished for the laws you break; you can't "balance" your law-breaking against the laws you obey.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote