View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #563
Yamada
Enthusiast
Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yamada ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad; K1/2/DX; Some Sony thing I bought at Yodobashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DStyle View Post
I do prefer the brown Aura HD but I will wait a little longer cos KOBO and Amazon will annouce their new e-readers in a couple of weeks. If nothing suits me, Aura HD is the one. Hopefully, by then, the brown color will still be available.
Ah, I don't care much about future-proofing against it. I had some drama with getting a suitable Kobo for my nephew (ended up with a Glo, righteous device BTW), and returned two Aura HD's. Actually, returned one because of defect, the other got KIA'd in transport...but anyway, I really liked the design of it.

Besides, they'll announce new premium ereaders for sure, but so will Amazon. So bleh. That new Aura is just a a flatter profile with the ComfortLight, sans the higher resolution. Nice, but the Kobo Glo with a lesser light. Whoop.

Play the waiting game if you want, I just get the best at the moment and forget about it until nex time. Life's too short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
The fingerprints drive me crazy too which is why I applied a skin on the back and will probably go ahead and install the front piece.. Fingerprints are gone and it is less slippery while holding. There are solid colors as well as subtle to not-so-subtle patterns. I applied the black woodgrain skin and it looks very nice and does not detract from the elegance of the Aura. I highly recommend selecting the MATTE version as opposed to the glossy version:

Decalgirl Kobo Aura HD skins
Ah, that biz is pretty cool. And from what I remember of their decals, they were exceptionally high quality. I'd order one of those matte's for my upcoming Kobo, but I've got lots of 100-MPH tape sitting around. Butt-ugly, but that United States Army certainly got it right (hooah!) when they came up with it, or logcapped it, or started supplying it to soldiers, whatever they did - it's awesome backing for an ereader.

You can use duct tape, but that's for amateurs.

Last edited by Yamada; 08-29-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Yamada is offline   Reply With Quote