Thread: MobileRead September Book Club Vote
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 05:14 AM   #5
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
This seems to be an interesting list.

I read a few of the books when I was 12 or so: Lady Chatterly's lover was, together with books as Nana by Emile Zola, on the not-to-be-read-at your age- list, so I read it and it disappointed me then. Much ado about nothing I thought…well…perhaps it's time for another try, but not now. Andersen, of course is a classic; I wept bitter tears about the fate of the Little Match Girl. The same fate for the Farewell to arms and the Grapes of Wrath that I read at an early, perhaps too impressionable age.

So, I think I will be voting, as Issybird and W.T.Sharp, for half of the list. The ones I don't know or was also on that above mentioned list (Sappho, which I couldn't find at the time). Ahem.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote