View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 01:50 PM   #90
tigran
Zealot
tigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetigran can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kobo Aura HD and H2O,Kobo Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
There is black tape at the bottom, but not at the sides or top.

Ignore Koreader (though I am using the latest build, 479), because all this is happening in the Home screen of Kobo, i.e. not with 3rd party applications.

UPDATE: Should that black tape be removed?

UPDATE: the brightness is set to various values (from 0 to 100%) with none of them working.

UPDATE: Ironically, it was me who always criticized the idea of "eInk with backlight" and I always wanted more storage. So now I got what I want --- LOADS of storage (64GB in total) but no light. The only worrying thing is that the top right corner IR sensors are not working, so I can't come out of Settings other than via reboot. I hope koreader doesn't need top right corner for any functionality

Last edited by tigran; 08-24-2013 at 01:56 PM.
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote