View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 08:04 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibby View Post
I spend a lot of time on planes unfortunatley, and one of the main reasons for the ebook in the first place was so i did not need to take more than one book. Yet now this week i am left frustrated as we are all told to 'turn off all electronic devices for takeoff - and landing', the whole hour almost of each flight where a book is needed, now with nothing to read.

Now i know these things (or the sony anyway) does not transmit a signal and therefore cannot effect the damn plane, the issue is how do i explain that the the highly educated flight attendants?

Anyone faced similar hassles, any suggestions? I am nominated always for an isle seat and thus in view when the walk through.

I'm going to make a couple of comments. I'm not trying to be rude - nor do I care to be rude to you - but these are my thoughts:

1) I think flight attendents work pretty damn hard for (sometimes) very difficult passengers as they try to please so many people and to follow the safety regulations. (I'm not hinting that you are one.) I would also suspect that some are highly educated, but perhaps not in the way you define education.

2) I was aware, a few years before I started bringing my Reader with me on flights, that it must be turned off before takeoff and during the landing procedure. I'm surprised you weren't aware of this, since you "spend a lot of time on planes."

When I fly from Peru to the U.S. and back again - about 6 times in the past 2 years - I simply turn my unit off when asked to do so. Then, when it's permissable, I turn my unit back on.

Finally, because words on a blank screen can so often be frustrating and cold, I offer this little fellow to help express myself when words are sometimes inadequate:

Sincerely,
Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote