View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Before deciding about the N8, or any Note family device, learn about the buy reason to buy the device...the ACTIVE STYLUS. If hour you use the device will not appreciate superior stylus tech offered by a Wacom stylus &digitizer combo then maybe a different device is a better option. I find pretty much everyone who puts in a bit of time falls in love with the S-pen over using a capacitive only device.

The S-pen and it's associated apps, 3rd party or from Samsung, bring more to the table than can be addressed in a forum post. I have never taken to using onscreen keyboards and loved the old PDA's sodtook to using the S-pen instantly. Using S-Note is great. Lecture Notes is a great 3rd party option as well, But whatever on uses the S-pen moves notetaking and writing to another level. Watch this video to get an idea:

(don't be bothered that these are for the Note 10.1 as other than size they are pretty much the same in functionality)
[yt]yKYsYUNFFkg[/yt]
[yt]Zja4z9MJ3Qw[/yt]

Other vids to watch
[yt]9nh2NSLgaII[/yt]
[yt]Gau-vu1zq18[/yt]

The best way to understand why the Note's are so useful and so very far from overpriced is to watch them in use. There simply is too much to relate on the topics. The Note 8.0 is just the current most refined family member but they all offer pretty much the same functions.

One word about reviews in almost every unfavorable review the reviewer either fails to address the S-pen as anything other than a novelty to be dismissed out of hand or they dismiss it totally failing to consider a tablet as anything other than for watching video or playing games. It really is weird how many so-called professional reviewers completely miss the point.

Still watch as many YouTube vials about the Notes as you can then go somewhere and try one in person. without watching the videos I could see it as difficult to understand even if you are hands-on for 30 mins or more in the store.

Oh, for reading the Note 8.0 offers a "Reading Mode" which changes the color cast of the screen to the warm side to help reduce eyestrain. you can add up to 20 apps to the list of apps reading mode will affect.

I could ramble on and on but watch the vids then ask any questions to fill in the gaps.

Good Luck!! :sly:
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote