View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #14
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
"If you don't like the publishers, then read the kinds of books which don't require heavy editing and advance-funded research. There are loads of such books available from the indie community. However, I don't see a benefit in unnecessarily damaging the business model of large publishers."

I don't see the point of your rant. Nothing in the settlement says the publisher can't set whatever price they need for each book they sell to booksellers in order to make a profit on that book. That scarcely does damage to their business, after all they've been selling hardbacks that way for decades. They simply, after they get their money, no longer have any say in what price the bookseller turns around and sells that book for. But what do they care, they already have all the money they wanted for that book. If it's not enough then they should raise the price they charge the bookstore for that book. Nothing prevents them from setting a high wholesale price. I happen to really approve of retail competion.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote