View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #73
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by chexmix View Post
It's been plugged into the computer all night long. When I turn it on, I see blue LED flashes beneath the orange. Battery icon reading 0. When I then unplug the charging cable, I get LOW BATTERY - PLEASE CHARGE.
I just noticed this post; as far as I recall (from another thread somewhere), isn't this indicative of a faulty unit (as in a software error)?
Maybe Boxtoor can clarify?

But, if yes... I wonder what would happen if you tried updating the unit to the latest software, with it plugged into a power source. Would you actually get to see the 'searching for upgrade' message... or would it stay switched off?
(Again, I remind you that a 'fixed' image is not necessarily indicative of a frozen tablet, but could 'just' be that this was the last image to be displayed and there is not subsequently power to refresh/change that image.)

That is, if the blinking is a steady blinking... if not - i.e. it's 'flickering', could it be that the mini-USB connector has a loose connection?
I am sorry, but that is my last, somewhat desperate, suggestion... other than your suggested witch doctor.

CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote