View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Math View Post
I have had my Aura HD since April 2013 (when they were released) and I noticed that my screen is getting horribly scratched. Having owned a Kobo Original, a Touch, a Glo, and a Vox, I have never experienced this problem before so I contacted Kobo Customer Care through their online chat yesterday to ask their opinion. After reassuring them that I have treated my Aura no differently than any of my previous KOBOs they asked for a few pictures. I sent them, but of course with my crappy camera phone you can’t really see any of the scratches (and a few gouges). The rep said there was nothing they could do at their level and that they would send my problem to tier 2 support, after being sure to point out that this was a physical damage and hence not covered by my warranty.
So I figured I would wait a few weeks to hear back from tier 2 and then be told that it must have been my fault that the screen is so scratched up and there was nothing they could do. My big dilemma at that point would be do I buy another Aura now or put up with the scratches until more news of the new KOBO reader came out.

Imagine my surprise when I received an email from tier 2 today asking for my address, purchase date and serial number!!! After sending them the required information, they said they are sending me a new Aura and when I receive it could I please send them the old one back in the pre-paid mailing bag they would be supplying!

So, while I know some people have had poor experiences with KOBO customer service and the previously believed mythical tier 2, I just wanted to put in my good story.

Now… I still need to decide about this new KOBO that they are going to announce. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

S
That is indeed good to hear. Its also a good point for the need of screen protectors. In fact I have left the plastic that was on my Kobo Aura screen when I purchased it on the device.. and trimmed the tab off. I have not found a screen protector yet That I like. I like the glossy ones similar to the plastic protector that the aura was shipped with.. the reasoning is because its glossy it tends to pop the text a whole lot better then the non glare screens which tend to blur the text too much to prevent glare. Yes I do realize that the glossy adds glare when outside, but so far it has not been an issue.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote