Thread: PRS-500 Firmware update
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #34
rem736
Groupie
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura hd, kindle pw wifi, onyx boox m92 white, sony prs-t2/500
new and improved prs-500

i just got back the prs-500 from having its firmware upgraded by sony. i only expected to get epub compatibility. but i also got usb storage function (i can move files to/from the reader just using the windows explorer like any usb drive). no more special driver needed. wow. what a way to breath new life into an old device. next up is the battery swap i'll be doing this weekend. the original battery currently in the reader lasts only a few hours at best.

i knew of the firmware upgrade program, but didn't contact sony because it's been so long since they offered it. i guess you should always ask. lesson learned.

UPDATE: done swapping the battery in about an hour thanks to this post from a mr member with the handle lint - http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ht=500+battery

Last edited by rem736; 08-02-2013 at 02:47 AM. Reason: updating status of post
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote