View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircleDesign View Post
Thank you, st_albert and HarryT for getting back to me!
Funny things are happening with these Mobi's … (curses!)

If I convert the ePub to Mobi via Caliber the superscripts are perfect on both Mac and iPad. CRAZY!
(Could there be a problem with the Kindle Plug-in?)

I do understand the whole thing with hyperlinks, HarryT, but not hyperlinking the cross-reference is a request rom the client.

Just a silly question st_albert - is there a way to fiddle with the "back-files" of a Mobi?

Thanks again guys!
FullCircle:

As you said, "client," I'm assuming that you have a client that's paying you, who's operating under the belief that your eBook-making expertise is up to the task right? That being the case, I assume further that you know that Kindle for iPad operates under its own set of rather hinky, unregulated "rules;" generally only displaying the K7-version of the file, not the K8, or, worse, a combination of K7-K8 styles. Did you set fallback media queries for K7 styling? What is the styling you set for the K8 CSS for the superscripted non-links? How do the links look in the K7 versions? And when you say you're opening it on K4iPad, I further assume you mean the actual iPad, and not the Previewer, right? Because you can't trust the K4iPad previewer...as I'm sure you also know.

And you'll also know that Calibre does things (somewhat) its own way, frequently making "inferences" as to what someone "intended" in coding situations.

And, yes, there's a back way to "fiddle" with the source of the Kindle files--make it from the ePUB.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote