View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:47 AM   #77
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
You are right it would be the two sided tape that is on the inside of the Bezel and needs to be pulled off the slicker screen. If the screen is bending I would find a way to hold it down next to where I was trying to lift the tape. You want the tape to separate from the screen, not the Bezel. You need to lift the Bezel so that the slots on the outside edge of the Bezel are disengaged and moved away from the bumps/tabs that are on the inside edge of the bottem/case, as well as slowly lift the tape from the screen.

The "Narrow gaps" are really not a separation of the Bezel from the screen. The Bezel is made up of two pieces of plastic, inside the outside/top piece is a black plastic IR guide that allows the touchscreen to work without obscuring the display. It is this that has some tape on it to attach it to the outside of the screen area. In my experience the tape has come off easily and I noticed no bending of the screen. Holding the screen down when first lifting the Bezel would be a good idea, just in case. Once the tape has started to come up there should be no problems.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is online now   Reply With Quote