View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:20 AM   #76
parkher
Addict
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS (T1,T2), PocketBook 902
Can someone explain in more detail how to open Aura HD?

I did pry open along all four edges - but what next?
If I try to widen the gap at any of the four sides - the screen half seems to bend and I am afraid to break the screen. Something is holding in the middle.
I heard about a sticky tape which has to be separated, but I can't see it through the narrow gaps and I don't want to try to force the gaps wider before I hear from someone who knows what exactly to do.

Also, I saw in this thread about issues with some other model about a misalignment of the external SD card slot and about the power button falling apart.
On Aura, it seems that both the SD slot and the power button stay in the bottom half and are not moving at all when the gap at that edge is widened. So probably those issues not relevant to Aura HD. It does not seem that the whole pcb has to move together with the screen leaving just an empty back lid.

Last edited by parkher; 07-31-2013 at 01:37 AM.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote