View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 11:51 PM   #161
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
The impserve.exe executable, when double clicked, worked for me.

Try it again after rebooting your reader, perhaps it had a brain-freeze or something...

BTW, how did you start that session that only allowed the Update Now button to work instead of the directory icon?
I had started impserv as a windows service at that time.

now that being said, dont you just love flaky people who cannt even reproduce their own error!? rofl

I rebooted my pc and reset my ebook and alls working well now .. i can access content via pressing my directory button etc.

My only remaining question is how to change / add a directory for books to be in when starting impserv as a windows service?

Ive tried a couple of things I thought would work, but it didnt rofl.

Any help / suggestions would be very welcome.

I tried changing this line:

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\impserve\Pa rameters /v AppDirectory /d "\"%~dp0\"" /f

to add a directory .. should I be modifing this one?

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\impserve\Pa rameters /v Application /d "\"%~dp0impserve.exe\"" /f

instead? and if so how would I change it?

I want to add in this directory to be searched:
C:\Documents and Settings\Larry\My Documents\Ebooks\Imp format books\

It has multiple directorys with a bunch of books ( each seperate directory is a authors name with their books in it )
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote