View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 09:00 AM   #369
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
So I should try the passwd root to change the password.
Isn't it possible to boot into diags (with ENABLE_DIAGS) then copy the /etc/shadow and place it in main? It should reset the password to default (mario?!)?
Or, another one: copy the main /ect/shadow then use john the ripper to crack the password.

But, with case 2 & 3 (diags shadow and main shadow), how can I change the password then?

I'm just reading and asking, as I don't have my kindle here...I'll try this evening!
Copying the /etc/(passwd|shadow) from diags to main is not a good idea. I don't know if they're used, but there are a couple of accounts defined in there, and they're very likely to be different between diags and main.

Why don't you simply take the easy route? Install usbnetwork, launch it, connect via USB (any password will do), then execute passwd and set a new one. Who cares whether the original root password was disabled, or what it was?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote