View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #365
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Actually, the root account is locked on FW 5.3.x, so I have no idea if setting a password via passwd helps or not, but it does work pretty well with shared keys auth.

On one hand, you shouldn't need to use Kubrick just to change the root passwd, just use the passwd tool over usb, and tell us if it shouts at you because of the locked account .
It shouldn't. You're root, after all. If all else fails, set the password using passwd, and then manually open the /etc/shadow file and edit out the "!". But that shouldn't be necessary (I haven't tried it though, so I'm only... like 80% sure).

Quote:
On the other hand, if it fails, and you don't want to use shared keys, then, yeah, maybe Kubrick resets the shadow/passwd files as part of some of the process, can't say, you'd have to ask people more familiar with Kubrick .
Nope, Kubrick doesn't touch the passwd file. It only touches the main partition if the jailbreak is to be installed - in which case it creates that single file, and nothing else.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote