Thread: Who Owns Ideas?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #76
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
All I can say is this: If you're so sure the brain is just a "meat calculator," don't you think scientists would've figured out how it works a long time ago?
Yes I think that. I mean how old is modern science today? And still we have no real good way to observe the brain without destryoing it, yes there are new pciture giving technologies available, which are yet just a few years old. And its been a sensation to be able to look into a human without cutting him open. But all they do is to give some crude area activity, not even close to a precise way to be able to observe whats going on.

Quote:
They're figured out more complex organs and processes than that, throughout the body. Why not the brain?
I dont see how any other human organ is "more complex" than the human brain, or any other process in the human body is "more complex".

There were just some organs and processes that were simpler, more feasible to be able to understand. Thats why scientists went for that first.

Quote:
Or do you really believe humans are just biochemical toasters?
Humans are actually a kind of "combustion engines"
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote