View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 06:09 AM   #36292
orlok
Temporarily distracted
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Am I the only one in the Colonies that had to look up the definition of 'DAB'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
No, I had to look it up too. I wonder if it will become the preferred method of broadcasting?
That is/was the intention, though the take-up has not been as successful as was first hoped. It was going to allow for the switching off of the analogue transmitters in the UK by 2015, but this is now under question. Part of the problem is that the reception is not always as great as was first promised, and you need a proper aerial to get it to work. Some of the features are great and worth having (if you can accept the shortcomings) - scrolling display of the current programme/song, access to many more stations, and with certain sets you can pause and rewind (Tivo-like).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote