Thread: Who Owns Ideas?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #62
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
The only other option IMHO you can go is to say, okay the output does not come from the input, but from another ethernal plane. From souls, from specific spiritual type that is special to the human as human, and cannot be duplicated by any other electronic. This is an opinion I don't share, but I accept as religious freedom. But it doesn't seem this is the option you went for either.

Just because we don't understand exactly how the brain works, I don't know where you say output should come from if not from input, and not from an ethernal out-of-this-world being like the soul.
Oh... so what you said I call "magic" is what you call "God." And as you say... just because we don't know how the brain works, that doesn't mean it is not capable of producing output that is more than its input. But ascribing that to a "soul" or "God" is simply selling the brain short... first it's a "meat calculator," and now you're calling it a "receiver" for Divine Input. Nope, I don't buy that, either.

I guess you just can't accept the possibility that the brain may be capable of things beyond our present understanding? I don't have a problem accepting that premise at all, because I do understand how little we really know about biology and psychology.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote