COPS 0.6.0 is out with many new features (First post to download) :
* COPS HTML catalog now use templated client side rendering. You can build your own template if you want. Should be a lot faster.
* Fancybox has been replaced by Magnific Popup, it seems faster.
* Added a way to send book by mail (to send to Kindle or to send to your friends). Thanks to Mario and Gregory for the tests.
* Added expires instruction in .htaccess (won't crash if you haven't enabled mod_expires).
* Upgrade to JQuery 1.10.2.
* Changed the way thumbnails are handled to offer greater visual quality (especially on high pixel density devices : Retina, Nexus, ...).
* Changed all icon by a vectorial font (again better visual quality).
* Added a way to filter books by tags.
* Added a login page (login.html) to allow access to a password protected COPS on a Kobo ereader (that does not support basic auth). Thanks to Goner for the tests.
* Fixed cookie expiry date.
* Added a default web.config for IIS installation.
* The eink style doesn't use shadow anymore.
* Fixed the link to the series in book detail.
The most important changes are behind the scene : the new rendering engine and the new way cover / images are handled. All of this for more speed / visual quality. Now the sad part, I changed a lot of code so even if I'm using this version of COPS for almost a month, there is a high probability of new bugs. Please report them (here or on github) and I'll fix them as quickly as possible.
Beside that there is two enhancements :
* You can send a book by mail. You just have to configure $config['cops_mail_configuration'] with the SMTP server you're using. For now only EPUB, PDF, MOBI can be send, I'll add a config item later. I can be used to send directly to your Kindle.
* All book list in COPS can now be filtered by tags (you can enable it with $config['cops_html_tag_filter'] or in the customize page) and click on the cog to see it. One click on a tag show all books with that tag (and a blue line on the left) another click on the same tag show all books without that tag. Of course you can filter on many tags at once.
It's been a long time since I wanted to add these filters. In my case, I usually use it on the latest additions, click two times on the tag Read to have only the unread books and click one time on another tag (Thriller for example) to only see the books correctly filtered.
Disclaimer : I know some people have Calibre libraries with more 9000 tags. This filtering system is not for them. I have 25 tags (I manually tagged all my books) and it works fine. If you have some ideas about a better version, I'm all ears.
As always, thanks a lot to all the contributors and the beta testers.
About the Synology packages, there's currently some strange stuff happening with Synocommunity (version not available, ...). I'll check that out and keep you posted.
As usual the download link is in the first post.