View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #416
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
yet this whole thread has numerous links to the same copyrighted firmware
The links being posting are the copyright owner's own links to the firmware. The copyright owner has stated, on this forum, that it knows people are sideloading the firmware. Other than warnings that this mechanism may not work at some point in the future, the copyright owner has not stated that doing such is considered to be a copyright violation. Nor has the copyright owner put any mechanism in to prevent the side-downloading of the firmware (give me a minute and I can come up with at least five easy methods to prevent side-downloading).

In addition, the copyrighted material is only good for being loaded into the copyright owner's hardware and the copyright owner gives the firmware away for free (yes, I know this doesn't affect their ownership).

As far as I know, the copyright owner is not claiming that by using the direct links their copyright is being violated. If they are claiming this, a simple email to the management of the forum will resolve this issue once and for all. Or even a simple post.

These are not books that are being linked to, nor generic software.

Additionally, as everything is copyrighted nowadays, any external link is, by definition, a link to copyrighted material.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote