View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 01:19 PM   #7
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allucard View Post
I'm also doing that research. From what I found out so far most major choices will have some restriction on sideloaded (no DRM) books to make you buy from their own stores and hook you forever. The newest most popular feature being sadly used to this purpose by the major companies are social features like facebook sharing for instance.
No, this is not correct. All of the major e-book readers allow you to add non-DRM'd books from other sources.
Quote:

They will lure you with the promise of 1000 features but soon you'll find out you need to use their own book to access them. In the same way I would not buy the gas and the car from the same company I'm not doing that for books. I'm strongly against this because its killing smaller publishers and authors.
This is not right, either. There may be some features that don't work, but there aren't many. Amazon even allows you to sync non-Kindle books across devices.
Quote:

So far I found out the Kobo is the best choice, the worst being kindle as you won't even be able to use the EPUB format.
You don't need EPUB; PG books come in other formats, including the Kindle formats.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote