View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #39
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc88 View Post
I used your post to try to notice a difference between my iPad mini and the nook HD on display at a B&N store. The quality was barely noticeable between the two even though the nook has much better PPI.

I doubt the new nexus will matter either.
I think under certain conditions, the differences are noticeable, but for the way most people use their tablets it would not be.

For instance, i am creating this post with the kindle fire hd and a nook tablet with cm7 for the previous two posts. For reading a forum like mobileread the differences are pretty noticeable; the text looks blurry and coarse on the nook, although it is still readable, whereas text is sharp and smooth on the fire. The differences is quite noticeable.

Netflix movies actually look better on my nook tablet than on my fire, although to be fair netflix does not stream movies at hd resolution afaik. But if i compare an hd movie from amazon instant video to the same movie on netflix, the difference is usually only noticeable where there are closeups on faces.

For kindle books, text looks more jagged on the nook than on the kindle, although the jaggedness of the text is less noticeable the bigger i make the text. If the screen was bigger on the nook, which is the case with the mini, i could make the text bigger without sacrificing words per screen. However, even with the slight jaggedness of the text, i'd have no problem reading for extended periods of time on the nook tablet. Then again, i used to read on the ebookwise 1150 which had dot matrix text, so my standards are probably very low.

Last edited by spellbanisher; 07-17-2013 at 12:40 PM.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote