Thread: Duokan 2013
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #1226
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I've never used Duokan myself, so I can't help with any specifics. But you definitely can't install 3 update*.bins at the same time. I doubt that it really requires 3 update files to be installed, but in case it does, then you must install them one at a time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If the Dorkian directions said to put them all in the root of user storage ***at the same time*** then ignore this post.
If not, then put them in one at a time.
These three update files are for three different Kindle versions like the hack packages listed in this forum.

What you said is accurate but AFAIR putting three of them into Kindle is safe since only one of them is for a Kindle; and the remaining two files are not considered as an update file. (?)

Not all of them is needed on a single Kindle, and I think they (DuoKan Team ?) found it easier to say to users in that way and let the device itself choose the right file. One can delete other two files after a successfull installation.

Last edited by thomass; 07-17-2013 at 07:52 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote