View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #32
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
I am experiencing better battery life on my retina iPad 4 than my non-retina iPad 2.
That's because Apple nearly doubled the battery I believe. iPad 3 was heavier and very slightly thicker than the iPad 2, iirc, and the slight increase in weight already gave them a lot of flak. The iPad Mini is fairly lightweight for its size and has exceptional battery life. Maintaining both while adding a power hungry retina display and a faster GPU to support the increased resolution would be quite a difficult feat (at least with current technology and processes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysJeepMan View Post
My iPod touch 4 had battery issues with a particular point release of iOS 4 and then again on a point release of iOS 5. But on the latest version of 5, my iPod touch is running fine....even 3 years later.
Used as an ebook reader (even with display set to the dimmest setting), the iPod Touch 4th gen had pretty abysmal battery life particularly when compared to the iPhone 4. Sure, you get pretty long battery life for music playback but with the screen on, I get just around 4-6 hours (which is, thankfully, more than enough time to have my iPhone fully charged).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote