View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
I went from one Sony PRS-500 to TWO Sony PRS-500s (the second one was on sale for $99 just prior to the release of the 505.)

I absolutely loved the 500, but then when I bought the 505 my love affair blossomed into romance and flowers and sweet words every morning.

I sold both 500s and bought the 505 around March (?).

For me, the 505 added an incredible leap in pleasure: It was faster, brighter, with a larger internal memory; there is no more image ghosting; it's lighter and has a better ebook cover (the cover doesn't sag like the 500 does).

Next to a computer and my Thorens turntable, I've never had as much pleasure as owning an ebook Reader. My "ebook-loving" days goes back about 7 years ago.

In my opinion, ebooks have finally caught on, and people and publishers (generally) are now starting to "get it" [understand].

I have to confess, though, that even though I own another ebook reader, I use my PRS-505 every single day - not one day has gone by that I haven't been reading in it and marveling at the technology and loving it.

When reading on an electronic device, I am a serially monogamous reader with my Sony PRS-505. When I get married in December [tentative date], my wife will have to understand that my ebook Reader will also be with me on the Honeymoon.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote