View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
In W7 being in an administrator group is not the same as being an administrator in XP.
In XP you always ran (admin) elevated.
In W7 (Vista) you just have the right to elevate via UAC.

In Unix, you would SU (sudo in Linux) to elevate a task right. The difference was SU lasted until terminated.

I assume the OP is referring to the Run as administrator I've highlighted in the attachment

Its an artefact of Windows Vista, Seven and Eight - and as far as I know its not needed for calibre, I have a recollection of KG posting that when it is used some calibre features wont work.

See Teach Your Apps To Play Nicely With Windows User Account Control for a complete and very detailed explanation of the issues at hand (not for the faint hearted)

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot - 2013-07-12 , 12_27_16.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	108139  

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-11-2013 at 10:52 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote